Ready to be an advocate for industry-leading technology that’s made in the mitten? We're looking for a part-time community evangelist to join our team.
Our Community Manager will drive engagement and education—from event coordination to content creation—but the direction is up to you. We’re looking for someone with the drive to say "this is what we should do next" and make it happen.
Primary tasks should focus on growing Gravity Works' footprint. Assist with event planning for user groups and local events by meeting with attendees, collaborating with community leaders, and exploring new networks. Create and distribute press releases, blog posts, and social media campaigns; clear, compelling, and shareable content should sustain the Gravity Works voice across channels. Document editorial calendar, road maps for process, and suggest improvements to our style guide. Track, measure, and evaluate outreach initiatives and performance across channels.
- A passion for our mission of building industry-leading websites and applications in the heart of Michigan.
- The drive to collaborate with other community leaders to plan and host engaging events
- Clear, sincere writing as well as strong editing skills. Ability to adopt the tone of Gravity Works, and a willingness to add your individual style.
- An analytical mind, and an interest in developing outreach and marketing strategies.
- The integrity to achieve positive results with white-hat methods.
- The organization and attention to detail to work independently on multiple projects with many moving parts.
Bonus if you
- Maintain an active and skillful personal presence in social media, with a command of differing best practices.
- Use data to drive decisions. You’re creative, but think about process and scale.
- Have used content management systems such as Drupal, Wordpress, or DNN.
- Are knowledgeable about design, development, or user experience.
- Have past experience in public relations, corporate communications, content marketing, or relationship management.
- Have been active in your local tech community.
Want to talk?
Send your résumé and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.